Virginia Trapping Services
Your Wildlife Professionals, Inc provides wildlife traspping services in Virginia. We have put together a list of species that we have managed for our customers in Alexandria, Arlington, Bedford, Blacksburg, Bristol, Charlottesville, Covington, Chesapeake, Danville, Fairfax, Fredericksburg, Hampton, Harrisonburg, Lexington, Lynchburg, Loudon, Manassas, Martinsville, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, Roanoke, Smith Mountain Lake, Staunton, Virginia Beach, Waynesboro, Williamsburg, Winchester, Wytheville, and Yorktown since then.
- Trapping service terms are in 5 day intervals and start at a minimum of $99.00. Most wildlife removal services require 5 days of service to complete.
- Trapping service term fees are based on the species, average time needed on site for that species, and the distance to and from your location to our office.
- Additional 5 day service terms are available for an additional fee if the service needs to be extended. Additional 5 day service terms start at a minimum of $50.00.
- The service term fee covers us coming out, inspecting the exterior, setting the traps, and keeping them baited within the service term stated on your service agreement.
- We can trap Beavers, Birds, Bobcats, Cats (Feral), Chipmunks, Coyotes, Dogs, Foxes, Groundhogs, Moles, Muskrats, Opossum, Pigeons, Raccoons, Rats, River Otters, Skunks, Snakes, Squirrels, Voles, Woodchucks, and Woodpeckers.
- We typically set the traps the day you call or within 24 hours.
- We always have traps available.
- We carry the necessary traps needed in our trucks daily on a seasonal basis to better service the customer the day they call.
- We use professional grade humane live capture cage traps that cannot be purchased in a local hardware store.
- We set a minimum of two traps, more if available, as close to the damage area as possible.
- We use rigid metal covers that are fabricated to cover the top, sides and bottom of the trap for several reasons. See Animal Care below for details.
- We use specialty paste baits that are formulated for the target animal designed by professionals in our industry.
- We like to keep the bait as fresh or not dried up as possible. If you feel like the trap needs bait or you do not see the bait in the trap, call us and we will send someone out to re-bait it as soon as possible.
- Lethal traps and padded foot hold traps are only used if necessary.
- State law requires that the traps are checked daily.
- We ask you as the customer to report the status of the traps daily. We have a dedicated phone line to report the status of your traps (540) 725-2029. You may also report the trap status via email at email@example.com.
- By the customer checking the traps and reporting the trap status daily, this will eliminate additional costs to the customer and it will also speed up the animal removal process.
- Once the target animal(s) have been captured and we have not had any captures or you have not seen any activity in a couple days we will pull the traps. Leaving the traps set will only increase the chances of capturing a non-target animal. We will re-set the traps within 30 days of removing them from your property for the additional 5 day service term fee stated on your service agreement.
- See our Wildlife Removal page for more details on each animal.
Per Animal Fee
- Per animal fees start at a minimal of $30 per animal.
- Per animal fees are based on the species, average time needed on and off site for that species, and the distance to and from your location to our office.
- Typical for jobs with only two traps set or larger animals.
- Cost effective to the customer knowing that we may not catch two or more animals every trip.
- The price per animal fee covers us coming out, removing the contaminated trap and animal from your property, re-setting a clean trap with fresh bait, disposal of the animal, cleaning and disinfecting the contaminated trap for the next customer.
- We have rigid metal covers fabricated to cover the top, sides and bottom of the trap for several reasons.
- The top and sides are to protect the animal from weather, to help prevent anybody from putting their fingers in the trap and to keep any domestic animals from coming into contact with the animal.
- The bottom is covered to help reduce any urine or feces from being left in your yard or on your roof. It also reduces damage that the animal can create by trying to dig its way out of the trap.
- This cover also prevents curious people that may pass by from seeing into the trap or what may be in the trap.
- You never know when you may catch a non-target skunk in a trap set for a woodchuck, raccoon or opossum.
- It also reduces stress to the animal when we handle the trap and when we are transporting the animal in the back of our vehicle.
- We do not use cloth material to cover our traps because the wind may blow it off and the animal usually will pull the cloth into the trap leaving it uncovered.
- There is plenty of food for the animal.
- In the warmer months we will attach water bottles to the traps if necessary. We like to place the traps in shaded areas to reduce heat and dehydration of the animal.
Per Trip Fee
- Per trip fees start at a minimal of $30 per trip.
- Per trip fees are based on the species, average time needed on and off site for that species, and the distance to and from your location to our office.
- Typical for jobs with multiple traps set, knowing we will catch several animals, or for wildlife management properties.
- The price per trip fee covers us coming out, removing the contaminated trap(s) and animal(s) from your property, re-setting clean trap(s) with fresh bait, disposal of the animal(s), cleaning and disinfecting the contaminated trap(s) for the next customer.
CLICK HERE to find Your Wildlife Professional in Virginia.